You can file this one under “so crazy it just might work.”
Take a crusty baguette, slap on some tangy goat cheese, and top with one of the most delicious and underrated combinations of all time: balsamic strawberries. What do you get? A mouth full of crunchy and creamy and tart and sweet. Just make enough for me to have seconds. and thirds. Ok, I ate five.
- 1 crusty baugette
- 4-6 oz goat cheese
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dried or fresh basil, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and honey
- Wash and dice strawberries. Add to the oil, vinegar, and honey mixture. Add pepper and basil to taste.Stir and let sit for at least thirty minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your baguette into slices. Brush with oil and toast, if desired.
- Before serving, top each slice with a spoonful of the strawberry vinegar mixture
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods