Over the weekend, I became the proud new owner of a zoku pop maker, thanks to my mother-in-law who bought it for me for my birthday. I have been wanting one for a while now, so naturally I had to make some popsicles pretty much the minute I got my hands on it.
I’m sure that I’ll make something a little prettier and fancier eventually, but as for deliciousness, this simple recipe can’t be beat. My yearly strawberry addiction is in full swing (2-3 pounds a week! by myself!) and this is a wonderful way to indulge the craving. Obviously, you don’t need a zoku pop maker to make these popsicles – use any popsicle mold you’ve got.
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup honey
- Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor
- Pour into popsicle mold of your choice and freeze according to instructions
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting
- Makes about 6 popsicles, depending on the size of your mold