- I finished reading Eating Animals this week and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone really interested in food and where it comes from. I have long been a fan of Jonathan Safran Foer’s fictional work, so I was already predisposed to like this, and I was not wrong about that. I know a lot of people who fear reading gory animal horror stories, and who assume anything coming from a vegetarian point-of-view is going to be full of them. This book was not that. It was full of fully documented facts, well reasoned arguments, a really interesting point of view, real stories, and solid writing. Give it a try.
- If you aren’t already familiar with the fabulous blog 101 cookbooks, get familiar. I have been browsing it for years, but since really focusing on improving my eating and cooking habits, it’s become indispensable. Especially great are the posts on building a natural foods pantry. Plus, her photography is really something to aspire to. Lovely, all around!
- 18 tricks momofuku can teach you about simple cooking
- I accidentally stumbled across Hilah Cooking while watching videos about re-fried beans on youtube (DON’T JUDGE ME) & it’s super cute and fun!
- Ultimate Vegan Baking Cheat Sheet. (I know, PETA is annoying, but I know vegans I’d like to bake for sometime!).
- Pi DayPie Roundup – because more pie is never a bad thing